S. Himmelstein and Company offers a complete range of wheel torque sensors for measurement of road load driving forces, braking effort, emissions coastdown testing, wheel speed, etc. Models are available with different signal output configurations, mV/V, high level DC analog or digital. All will deliver exceptional performance, durability and accuracy. Our line of transducer products features a broad range of torque capacities, overload ratings, accuracy specifications and more.
Wheel Torque Sensor Applications
Wheel torque transducers (Torque Wheels) can be used for a broad range of applications in the vehicle development process. Typical uses include:
- Measuring and reducing CO2 emissions through coastdown testing
- Developing and calibrating braking systems, including anti-lock braking systems (ABS)
- Developing dynamic control systems
- Measuring efficiency and performance, including measurements to meet regulatory guidelines and requirements
- Measuring powertrain efficiency
- Simulating and validating transmission development metrics
- Brake fade analysis
- Chassis control system development
- Transmission development
- Preparation and compliance with regulatory safety tests
Torque Transducer Features
Our line of wheel-mounted torque transducer products offers a range of features. These include:
- Torque Ranges from 250 to 100,000 lbf-in (28 to 11,300 Nm)
- mV/V Output, ±5 Volt Output, or Digital Output
- Overload ranges from 200% – 1000%
- Non-contact Signal Coupling
- Excellent Temperature Compensation
- Immunity to Radial and Cornering Loads
- Clamping Load Cancellation
- Splashproof and Corrosion Resistant
- Bi-directional ISO/IEC 17025/2017 calibration
What to Consider When Using Wheel Torque Transducers
Wheel torque transducers play a critical role in safety and regulatory considerations for vehicle development. Transducers are used to measure the efficiency and performance of brakes, tires, transmissions and more. Wheel torque transducers are especially critical for testing, measuring and reducing CO2 emissions. Be sure to calibrate transducers regularly and accurately to ensure that components meet the necessary standards and requirements.
Advantages of Wheel Torque Transducers
Waterproof and corrosion-resistant, our wheel torque transducer products offer unprecedented immunity to temperature and vibration gradients, as well as contamination. They’re also easy to install and require no reworking of the vehicle. Wheel torque transducers are mounted in the middle part of the rim, creating a high-efficiency, low-latency direct link to the suspension system. The mounting process is similar to a standard wheel change.
S. Himmelstein and Company offers a wide selection of transducers to meet the needs of your vehicle development project, ensuring that you meet the performance standards and regulatory requirements necessary to move the process forward. To find the right product from among our range of models, use the form here to request a quote or contact us today.